21 Universal Problems Of Spending The Holidays With Your Family
And the perfect solutions for coping with them.
1. Problem: Having to sit at the kids’ table. Again.
2. Problem: Your drunk aunt asking why you’re still single.
BBC / Via adele-central.tumblr.com
3. Problem: Constantly hearing embarrassing childhood stories.
ABC / Via wifflegif.com
4. Problem: “Have you gained weight?”
NBC / Via humorinrecovery.tumblr.com
5. Problem: Someone made your favorite side dish as a vegan substitute.
NBC / Via thementaliz.tumblr.com
6. Problem: The casual racist remarks from your grandfather.
Warner Bros. / Via youtube.com
Solution: Nutella Melt with Frangelico.
Tara Striano / Maria Del mar Sacasa / Via katieatthekitchendoor.com
7. Problem: *Insert questions about your current job here*
20th Century Fox / Via headoverfeels.com
8. Problem: Being the only unmarried adult.
Paramount Pictures / Via myfriendsarenotmarried.tumblr.com
9. Problem: Being forced to babysit everyone younger than you.
10. Problem: Dinner won’t be ready for another two hours.
NBC / Via rebloggy.com
Solution: Burnt-Sugar Hot Buttered Rum.
Tara Striano / Via katieatthekitchendoor.com / Winter Cocktails
11. Problem: When that one relative starts a family-wide political debate.
12. Problem: Someone just insulted the pumpkin pie you spent three hours making.
ITV Studios / Via virtualtear.tumblr.com
13. Problem: Your mom is on a diet, which inadvertently means the rest of the family is too.
AMC / Via uproxx.com
14. Problem: Your drunk uncle is getting a little out of hand.
SNL / Via rebloggy.com
15. Problem: Forgetting the name of that one cousin you haven’t seen in 15 years.
MTV / Via howtobealandshark.tumblr.com
16. Problem: Tofurky.
Warner Bros. / Via i-mockery.com
17. Problem: When the family friend asks for your life story.
FOX / Via theshitschmidtsays.tumblr.com
18. Problem: Being responsible for cooking for everyone.
CBS / Via franonthephone.tumblr.com
19. Problem: Awkwardly reuniting with your siblings after a whole year.
Fox / Via gurl.com
20. Problem: Having to change the subject when your parents start telling your coming-of-age stories.
NBC / Via headoverfeels.com
And if all else fails, just stick to the basics:
21. Problem: Being the only person who drinks in a dry family.
NBC / Via marilynmonbro.wordpress.com